<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, May 27, 2005

Buy This T-Shirt

Way back last year I suggested at Church Marketing Sucks that "Now 17% Less Judgmental" would make a great t-shirt slogan for a church.

In January I mentioned that a new church in Canada asked to use the slogan. They said they'd send me a shirt if/when they printed some up.

Last Thursday I got the following e-mail from Robin Bailey, pastor of The Annex:
Hey Chris! Your shirt is on its way, you should get it in the next couple of weeks! Let me know what you think. Also our website is www.the-annex.ca and if you run into anyone that wants a shirt they come with white or school bus orange print both on green for $20 US including shipping.
I got the shirt in the mail yesterday, and made Phil model it this afternoon.T-shirts can be big biz according to the Wall Street Journal. (link courtesy Monkey Outta Nowhere, which also offers this shirt) So cough up the $20 (I know, it's like $170 Canadian, but give 'em a break, they're under the thumb of the Empire). Help the Annex out, gently draw some attention to the foibles of the church, and make something I wrote a best-seller.

If you're interested in your church using the slogan as well, it's available free-for-swag, one per timezone (US & Canada separately). Let me know.

My other slogan, "Come for the sermon, stay for the tepid coffee and stale danish," is also available.

Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

Yes Phil did have that look, if you take one more shot. '-D
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 PM  
Add this one - "Come for the sermon stay for the water-down juice?"

congrats on having your words set in cotton, Chris - or is it polyester? :)Marci
Blogger Marcia Lee Laycock, at 4:51 PM  
It's a quality shirt: heavy-duty, 100% cotton. Not a bad value at all for $20 (including shipping).

--Chris
Blogger Mikesell, at 9:20 PM  

Get snarky