<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

What I'm Reading Rollover + New Book Review

All three of the books over in the "What I'm Reading" section to the right have changed. I hadn't actually been reading the web publishing/CSS book that had been listed, so I changed it to something I picked up the other day. Next month I'll begin revising my NaNoWriMo project during the week and start tackling a mystery novel on the weekends. If I'm shopping two manuscripts by the end of the year it will be not only a miracle, but an extremely cool miracle.

The second book was a birthday present from Dina, and since my non-fiction "to be read" pile was down to The Dummies Guide to Golf her book flew to the top of the two-book stack.

The third book I picked up from a message board buddy who is a contributor for CCM Magazine and was looking for book-reviewing guinea pigs for an upcoming change to their fiction department. So all my Amazon reviewing is paying off in free books (well, free book). Plus, networking is good. Woo-hoo!

Speaking of Amazon reviews, there's a new review up for William "Funk'n" Strunk Jr. & E.B. "I wrote Charlotte's Web, too" White's Elements of Style.

Why you should read my review of The Elements of Style: I cite a couple examples of the wacky humor found in the book. Okay, wacky is overselling it, but it does mildly amuse. I also demonstrate that I am teachable - which will come as a complete surprise to my high school English teachers. (The book also taught me to leave off "the initial A or The from titles when you place the possessive before them" as demonstrated in the terminal sentence of the preceding paragraph.) Good stuff, Maynard.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky