<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, July 14, 2008

Regarding Harry

Harry Guetzlaff, managing editor of The Wittenburg Door, passed away yesterday. A quick glance at "What I've Written" in the left-hand sidebar will give you an idea of his importance in my writing career. More than that, though, he was the first person (other than my brother and his family) to welcome me to Dallas when I moved out here.

I was only able to spend time with him twice, but his grace and friendliness is something that will stay with me (and set the standard for grace and friendliness) for the rest of my life.

For more on his life and legacy, see John Bloom's obit at the Door website.

Godspeed, Harry.

Labels: ,


Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Chris,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I read the obit and have to say I think I missed out on someone special--will have to meet him in heaven. I always loved Studio 60 and hated that it was canceled. Wish I could have talked that one over with Harry--I knew exactly what exchange John Bloom referred to.
Thank God we're not separated from those we love forever.
Blogger Jenny, at 3:33 PM  

Get snarky