<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ooooo ... Spooky Hoosiers

(yes, class ... that's assonance: the repetition of vowel sounds.)

Looking for a good read heading on into summer? Check out Dark Harvest, an anthology of short stories written by members of the Indiana Horror Writers. Thirteen dark tales from the nation's (ba-thump, ba-thump, ba-thump) heartland. Twenty bucks (OK, twenty-two -- double-deuce as they say. They who? Exactly -- with shipping). A buck-seventy per story; less than that, really, because there's some nifty artwork in the book, too. Not too shabby.

Nor are the stories. Shabby, that is. Good stuff here. Haven't finished them all, but those I have, have given chills. Some have provoked thought. Yeah, I know -- scary.

Faves so far: "Goodnight" by Michael West and "Saigon Seventeen" by Michelle Pendergrass*. "Trolling" (also by West) almost lost me halfway through -- so it's that kind of story, I thought -- but it won out in the end.

Looking forward to reading the rest. You should get started.

*Yes, she's a Misfit, one of my writing group. That's why her story's so strong: good writers tend to write good stories. Duh.

Labels:


Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Thank you! I was trying to think of a funny comment but I'm really humbled so my mind is blank. (hush. It is not always blank)

I appreciate the post! :)
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 9:30 PM  

Get snarky