<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Knights Tournament at LegoLand

A week ago we were at LegoLand, down in the San Diego area. Not quite the Disney experience, but we had fun. The ride we spent the most time on was Knights Adventure, essentially a giant robot arm that swings you all around (what it has to do with knights we never figured out). Phil and I wound up riding it three times before the day was over.

It looked like this.

There are five levels of intensity for the ride. Because Phil is a few inches short of the height requirement for the upper three, Level Two ("The Bear") was the most-intense we qualified for and the one we rode every time. Level One was called "The Monkey;" as far as I could tell that one never turned the chair sideways or parallel to the ground. Phil and I decided there should also be a Level Zero ("The Guppy") where you sit stationary and swing your legs for a minute.

The music, by the way, comes from a give-away set of film score samples composed by Christopher Franke, a one-time member of Tangerine Dream who also did all the music for (one of my all-time favorite shows) Babylon 5. Check out his website for more.

Labels: , ,


Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

That is so cool! It looked like at least once you all went all the way around (spun upside down and back upright). Of course, I would be happy just at the guppy level and I think you two should let Legoland in on that bit of musing. Could be a free ride or something for you for being so creative.
Blogger Jenny, at 12:35 PM  
I would definitely have to stick with the guppy level -- even the bear would be more than my stomach could take. But I'm sure it was fun.
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:12 AM  
I love Christopher Franke!! His music is great.

Royalty Free Music, Sound Effects, Stock Footage and Photos for Multimedia
http://www.productiontrax.com
Blogger Unknown, at 3:47 PM  

Get snarky