<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, July 23, 2007

Headshots

I need to select a headshot photograph for a banquet I'll be attending in September. If my novel opening is in the top three in its category my big ol' melon will be projected on the screen. Ya. Bring the Tums.

Anyhoo, to help spread the blame, I thought I'd post my pics here (courtesy Heather Goodman -- see, the blame game has already begun...).

Take your pick.
  1.           


  2.           


  3.           


Leave a comment, with your top 1-3 picks. (Photo 1b should be in the same maroonish color as the other two. Don't know what's up with that.) If none of them work -- and really, the subject matter's not going to get any better -- lemme know that, too. Gotta make a decision by Thursday evening, so there's time for retakes if necessary.

Thanks.

Mikesell

11 Snarky Remarks:

First of all, thanks a lot.
And, ha! You did go with sepia!
Personally, I like #3 cuz you look the essence snarkiness in that'a'one, like you think this whole thing is for the dogs but you'll appease your peeps and do it for us little people. ;)
Blogger Heather, at 8:56 PM  
You know, I can find justification for using each of them. For over all regular seriousness, I like 2a. Personally, I like the maroon/sepia but I'm remembering the huge projection screens last year and I don't know how well it will show up.

I like 1 just out of sheer rebellousness. No one else will have a pic like that.

So I guess a 'compromise' between 1 and 2 is 3. A little snarkiness, but not totally out there. My only caveat would be that since it's a 3/4, your face doesn't show up as clearly. Then again, why should it? It's not a mug shot.

So I guess that means I'm with H. And good job, H.
Blogger Unknown, at 9:40 PM  
Actually I like the first one best but figure it's not what you're looking for so I vote 2. Sorry Heather but I like to see more of his face, snark or no.
Blogger Jenny, at 9:41 PM  
Jenny, don't be going for what you think I want to hear. (The first one is in the top position for a reason.)
Blogger Mikesell, at 9:53 PM  
I say ignore all other votes and send in #1.

And that's that.
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 10:02 PM  
I like #1, but if you need to be more dignified would choose #2a.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:40 AM  
My first choice, before reading any comments, is No. 1.

But I have to add,I think No. 3 has a Bertrand-ish look to it, so if you want to go for intellectual snarkiness, that might be your pick. But No. 2 has it's good points. (Don't you just love decisive people?)

But, in the final analysis, I'd say go with No. 1. It's fun and, I suspect, it's you. (well, all of them are you, but I hope you get what I mean, as in the essence of dFm)

If I ever have to pick a head shot of myself, I'll be a basket case.
Blogger lindaruth, at 7:53 AM  
I'd have to go with #1 considering your personality. That just screams, "Yes, THIS is Chris Mikesell."

I like the pose/background for the others. They seem a little...oh, J. Mark Bertrandish (not that's a bad thing). Problem is, you're pretty squinty in 2&3, so if #1 is a no go, I might suggest a reshoot with open eyes.

Seriously, I hope your picture is shown to all!
Blogger Jason, at 9:42 AM  
BTW, I posted my comment before reading the others, so the commonality of Bertrand was strictly by coincindence.
Blogger Jason, at 9:44 AM  
Since I know you'll be in the top three, and I suspect you'll walk off with top prize, I say be bold and go with number one, color. It's so you.

If you want to play it safe, go with number two color.

#3, while interesting in terms of "what's he thinking about there", also could be that you got a sudden twinge of gas. :)

GO WITH ONE. Make em laugh.

Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 9:52 AM  
3b, then 2b, then 2a
Blogger michael snyder, at 8:03 AM  

Get snarky