<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Books, Marvelous Books

Please sir, may I have some more...

Soitenly! <nyuk, nyuk>

I was remiss last week not to point out that y'all should check out Katy Popa's book To Dance in the Desert. It was part of the CFBA tour and I blew it. Check out the trailer, too.

(And don't miss this post at Katy's blog: Free the Jena Six. Makes me stinkin' mad...)

Book Two-oh to check out is Tony Hines' debut follow-up: The Dead Whisper On. On what do they whisper? Thursday? Empty stomachs? Marble ballroom floors? Guess you'll have to get the book.

And be sure to hunt down all the secrets in the hijacked Dead Whisper On website. (Very fun site, reminded me of the Lemony Snicket VFD conspiracy, but without the Baudelaire triplets.) Did I mention there were prizes? Well there are. Enjoy!

Book Three-oh is a graphic novel -- actually, a movie of a graphic novel. 300 is amazing to watch. Even if you're not the world's biggest Gerard Butler fan. (Hi Mir! Gotta admit, he sure is hunky.) Stylized and graphic violence and gore and sensuality and battle rhinos. But awesome (even if the battle rhino only gets a dozen seconds or so of screen time).

And if you've got a book recommendation, friend Angie's looking for 'em

Labels: , ,


Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

Hunky? I'm getting worried about you, Chris.
PS. The Jenna 6 post made me mad, too.
Blogger Jenny, at 11:23 PM  
See, even snarky-manly-butch-he men are not immune to the power of the Gerard.

Uberhunky.

Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 11:34 AM  

Get snarky