<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Save the Scout, Save the World

Among the many wonderful things about the Dallas Metro area is that it's home to the Wittenburg Door, the world's pretty much only religious satire magazine. Last week I stopped by their offices and met managing editor Harry Guetzlaff and publisher Ole Anthony, among others -- great place and great people.

During lunch Harry mentioned that he thought I'd be a good match for the now-weekly Wittenburg Insider newsletter. In addition to short snarky comments about religious shenanigans, they were looking for timely original material playing off events in the news, too. They'd handle the short snarky comments, but I was welcome to submit the other.

Anyhoo, a lost boy scout story was hot last week, so I played with the idea of "what if" it were an AWANA scout instead. Wrote up a sample item and queried if that were the kind of thing they were looking for and wound up getting published in this week's issue!

Shout outs to my sister Julia for her arcane Starbucks knowledge and nephews Will and Nick for going to a Hot Topic so I'd know where the youth of today hang out (no longer the Boorman's Banjo Hut (and Porch Discount Annex!) as it was back in the day; good to know). Thanks to the team at Wittenburg for picking up the story, too.

[Archived Newsletter]

Labels: , ,


Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

That's hilarious, Chris (I just typed Christ again). I love it. The Bind the Word of the Lord thing & mud flap girl t-shirt staring and getting left behind are hysterical.
Blogger Elaina M. Avalos, at 11:13 AM  
Congrats, Chris! It's hysterical as usual. I think Wittenburg Door is a good fit for your sense of humor. Hope they pick up more.
Blogger Unknown, at 11:51 AM  
May this be the beginning of big things.
Blogger Unknown, at 3:54 PM  

Get snarky