<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Close Encounter

Last night as I was driving home from a wedding rehearsal a large something flew in front of my car. It was fully dark out and my first thought was, "woah, that's a honkin' big bat." (Phil had been watching the bonus materials on his Stellaluna DVD earlier in the day, so I had bats on my mind -- as opposed to in my belfry.)

The large something turned halfway across the highway and flew back the way it had come. I was close enough by then that it flew through my headlight beams. It was a dove. At a time, place, and season where no dove belonged.

No snarky "Roma Downey, is that you?" remarks. No flippant reference to the recent heavy rains and currently-receding floodwaters. Just a comment about a moment when I needed to feel peace and peace showed up.

Those of you who have been praying for me, thank you.

Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

Tomorrow's the big day, Chris. Yes, I'm praying.

P.S. How wonderful, about the dove. Some of God's miracles are just sweet.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:36 AM  
(((hugs)))

We're praying.
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 3:58 PM  
That's cool. I'm praying this morning, too.
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:18 AM  

Get snarky