<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

At the Intersection of Jay Leno and Oprah Winfrey ... and Motorcycles

Have you played Funny Farm?

It's a word association game where boxes are linked by common threads. For instance, you start out with a box titled "on the farm" and a bunch of boxes radiating out from it. Type in "cow" and you'll fill in one of those boxes, causing more boxes to appear. Type in "holy cow" and a new frame will open off to left. Click that frame and you'll find a box titled "religions" in the center and "holy cow" filled in on the right-hand border. Threads run from the two words and meet at an unfilled box. What's the connection? You figure it out (dots in boxes = letters in word).

I spent waaay too much time playing this yesterday, which is entirely Linda Gilmore's fault. (I did, however, fill in one entire frame -- Poker Stars -- by myself, no easy feat. Thank you wikipedia and Poker Babes!) Today's looking like a long day, too.

Which brings me to my current dilemma. What four-letter word (no, not that one) links Oprah, Jay, and motorcycles?

And what mysteries await in the north- and southwest corners?

(The game allows collaboration -- encourages it, even -- so if you want to share answers or just mooch from me and Linda and the couple others we're playing with, lemme know.)

Technically this isn't a Flash Game, but that's where I'm gonna file it.

Labels:


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky