<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, October 14, 2006

The Boy's Taste in Music

Phil's been nagging me to download "Move Along" by The All-American Rejects from the iTunes Music Store for a month or so now. He heard it in an ad for a Bioncles/Free the Band promotion -- so, of course, it's the best song ever.

I used one of the free from General Mills codes to get it. Not a bad little number, a little Reliant K-ish (or vice-versa, I don't know from music anymore).

I burned it on a CD so he can play it in his room. (He made me play it three or four times on my PowerBook after I downloaded it.) He's in there now, showing his stuffed animals all his dance moves.

I'm sure one day we won't see eye-to-eye on music, but it's nice he doesn't have entirely bad taste yet. I've got a Tom Jones CD I'm itchin' to crank up on the stereo when that day finally comes; working on some What's Up Pussycat pelvic gyrations, too. No, I won't videotape those, either, so don't ask.

Labels:


Mikesell

4 Snarky Remarks:

That's What's NEW Pussycat. (I wish I could say I'm proud I know that.) Enjoy those gyrations, Mike. Don't sprain anything. :)
Blogger Jeanne Damoff, at 8:51 PM  
Er, I mean Chris. The last name throws me off. Sorry.
Blogger Jeanne Damoff, at 8:53 PM  
Good catch, Jeanne. 50 points (which you then lose for blowing my name).

I got the TJ song mixed up with the Streisand/O'Neal masterpiece, What's Up, Doc? -- a film I'll have to get on DVD to pop in the player when there's something Phil really, really wants to watch on TV.
Blogger Mikesell, at 12:25 AM  
My son (age 8) is also crazy about the "Move Along" song ... for the very same reason. I'm so uncool I didn't even realize it was an actual SONG by someone and not JUST the theme for the Bionicles ad, until I heard it playing in a CD store the other night.
Blogger TrudyJ, at 6:29 PM  

Get snarky