<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Long Night of the Soil

No, that's not a typo. Tonight Phil and I will be joining this week's camp chaplain and his 4- and 6-year-old sons on the weekly end-of-session sleep-out. Along with a couple dozen middle-school and early high-school youths. And the camp counselors who are on their fourth week of funfunfun sleepovers.

I'm so excited. And I just can't hide it. I'm about to lose control and I think I like ... no, I'm less excited than that.

Y'all enjoy your sleep tonight. Someone should. Unlikely to be me. (Maybe I'll get a story idea or two from the evening, though...)

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

This reminds me of when my oldest son worked a few summers at a camp. After the first few weeks, he had the routine down pat. Of course, each week is new to the campers, but to the staff ... Let's just say John knew what day of the week it was by what was served at mealtimes. :)
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:48 AM  
I just got back from being a camp counselor - we too had a sleepover in the meadow....OUCH! I don't think the ground could have had more lumps if it tried. Hope you got more sleep than I did! JM :o)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 AM  

Get snarky