<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Shout Outs

Thanksgiving is still six months away, but here are a few thankful affirmations anyway:

Thanks to the crew at Oil Can Henry's that diagnosed the stench emanating from under the hood of our Forester as burning axle grease leaking from a blown CV boot.

Thanks to Phil for suggesting I get the car towed into Eugene rather than drive it and risk frying things.

Thanks to AAA for covering the tow even though our "basic" coverage really only covers three miles (it's 35 miles to Eugene; the going tow rate is $3.50/mile).

Thanks to Joshua the tow truck driver from A-1 Towing in Junction City for getting me and the car safely to town, even though he'd been up since 2:30a on calls from the State Police and Lane County Sheriff -- and then giving me a lift to a coffee joint while the car was being serviced. (I bought him a big mocha, but thanks again for the lift.)

Thanks to Gary at Gary's Independent Subaru Service for the repair and the heads up on the $750+ catalytic converter replacement in the hopefully-rather-distant future.

Thanks to the crew at My Coffee on West 11th in Eugene for letting me hang out for 90 minutes on a $2 Americano purchase (yeah, I bought another drink on my way out, but there was no way of knowing that ahead of time).

Thanks to Clearwire for the free wi-fi hook-up at My Coffee.

Thanks to the jury in Houston for their guilty verdicts this morning.

Thanks to God for his assurances that this car thing would work out and I needn't worry. (Someday I'll listen and won't worry...)

Thanks to the Mystery Men and "the people in this city who are super good at their jobs but never get any credit. Like the lady in the DMV -- that's a rough job ... To the people that remember jingles from tons of old commercials ... And people who support local music and seek out independent film ... And the guy that drives the snow plow. And the school nurse--"

Whatchoo got to be thankful for?

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

Reading this was a flashback to my family's many auto-related adventures. But God always took care of us (which is humbling considering that most of these adventures involved cars that probably shouldn't have even been on the road!).

Giving thanks is always a good thing. And thank you for reminding me of that.
Blogger lindaruth, at 1:24 PM  
Hugs to both Chris and Enron jurors!
Blogger Angie Poole, at 7:22 PM  

Get snarky