<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, May 29, 2006

Cruisin' Video

As I mentioned recently, last December my family went on a cruise to celebrate my folks' 40th anniversary. Several of us had digital cameras, so I made slideshow videos for everyone and sent them out as belated Christmas presents last week.

The discs made it to Sunnyvale, Calif., and the Dallas, Tex., area before the holiday. I checked with my folks in Los Banos, Calif., (between Sunnyvale and Dallas, much closer to Sunnyvale) and they hadn't received theirs yet, but they didn't mind if I shared Dina's and my video with y'all before they get their copy. No word if my sister in Seattle got hers before leaving work on Friday -- but she doesn't read the blog, so she'll never know...

Chris & Dina video (2.3 MB)

The background music was composed by Arthur B. Rubinstein. 30 points if you can name where it comes from. (Hint: if Dina and I had had a daughter, her name would have been Amanda Lee; that we went with Philip for our son is just coincidence (his middle name isn't Jaime).)

Mikesell

6 Snarky Remarks:

Very fun. It looks like a great trip.

I feel like I should know that music, but it escapes me. Movie soundtrack? But which movie? I'm a blank; no points for me.
Blogger lindaruth, at 7:54 AM  
Bravo!

Soundtrack? Isn't it from a 70s sitcom or possibly Rocky & Bullwinkle? Or do I need a vacation?
Blogger Angie Poole, at 12:49 PM  
80s TV adventure show, people. (Perhaps vacationing near our nation's capitol would refresh your memory, Angie.)
Blogger Mikesell, at 1:33 PM  
OK, I just searched on the composer on the IMBD -- was the series "The Scarecrow and Mrs. King"? I watched that show quite a bit, so that's why the music is familiar. Am I right? Do I get a prize? :) (and before you accuse me of cheating, it was going to bug me until I figured it out, so I had to know the answer so I could get back to work)
Blogger lindaruth, at 2:12 PM  
Your answer is ... wait, I suddenly have unlimited bugging power?

I'll get back to you on your answer in a little bit, Linda.
Blogger Mikesell, at 2:36 PM  
Dadgummit, Linda beat me!

I was on the way home and screamed, "Scarecrow and Mrs. King!!!"

Yes, I do need a vacation. To Kentucky. Like in 2 days.
Blogger Angie Poole, at 8:35 PM  

Get snarky