<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Who Rules My iPod?

My iPod currently has about 2,230 songs loaded (out of an estimated 7,500 limit). Including the handful of videos and photos I also have loaded, I'm still well under halfway full.

So, who's on my iPod? These are the artists/bands who have 30 or more songs (about 3 albums) onboard.

Petra: 30
The Echoing Green: 31
The Alarm: 32
U21: 33
Phil Keaggy: 34
Superchic[k]: 35
Don Henley: 39
Billy Joel: 39
Sting (includes The Police): 49
Randy Stonehill: 51
Paul Simon (includes duets with Garfunkel2): 55
Steve Taylor (inclues Chagall Guevara): 64
Christopher Franke: 71
John Williams: 75
Larry Norman: 76
Mark Heard (includes Ideola): 77
Mike Roe (includes 77s & Lost Dogs): 140
Derri Daugherty (includes The Choir & Lost Dogs): 159
Paul McCartney (includes Beatles & Wings): 176
Terry Taylor (includes Daniel Amos, Lost Dogs & Swirling Eddies): 273

All in all, that's 64% of the songs I've got loaded. In other words, I hear a track by one (or more) of those artists on roughly 2 out of 3 tracks when it's set on random3. (Some of the artists pick up duets/background vocals on other artist's tracks; I haven't counted those tracks in the totals.)

1 With The Alarm, that's 55 songs of Irish social conscience.
2 Artie's up for 44 songs, putting him as an individual artist between Billy Joel and Sting.
3 Yes, I know the technical term is "shuffle," but I go with the jukebox setting from Shaun of the Dead ("It's on random!").

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

Petra! I haven't heard of someone else who liked them in ummm...too long to say in polite company.

Now I have to ask--no audio books? No Podcasts?

Dude, we have to talk.

A WIP LIP TRIP.

Man that whole banter reminded me of "Fox in Sox."

Hurt my head :-)
Blogger Angie Poole, at 11:00 PM  
I have a few audiobooks loaded, but I haven't gotten into the habit of listening to them.

Audiobooks:
"Comes a Horseman" by Robert Liparulo

"Pyromarketing" by Greg Stielstra

Faux Audiobooks:
"I Have a Pony" comedy CD by Steven Wright

The Choir's Soul2Soul Radio Special

"The Story & Song from The Haunted Mansion" from an old LP, starring Ron Howard (circa pre/early Richie Cunningham era) and Thurl Ravenscroft as "your ghost host."

Podcasts:
Joe Nassise's novel "Heretic"
(so it's sort of Audiobook, too.)

I'll give them a try sometime soon. Honest.

(I have a CD with all the Sherlock Holmes stories in MP3 format, and the Louis L'Amour story iTMS gave away last year, but I haven't loaded them.)
Blogger Mikesell, at 12:43 AM  

Get snarky