<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Hey Texans, Join the Choir

Here's a special entry for my family and friends in Texas. The Choir is coming to The Woodlands (2/11) and Dallas (2/12). If you have the chance, make it their show (yeah, ten bucks is ten bucks, but live a little, huh?). Hear (and download) some tracks from their new album here and here.

And even if you can't make the concert, download a poster and post if conspicuously.

Wish I was there.

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

Where have these guys been all my life? I loved the previews I listened to, so now I have an even longer list of music I want. Thanks for pointing them out to me.

Here's a music recommendation for you -- The David Crowder Band. Absolutely incredible. Their newest, A Collision, is simply amazing. (And no, they're not paying me. :) )
Linda
Blogger lindaruth, at 9:16 AM  
The Choir is one of the second wave of Christian rock bands (early/mid-80s). Derri Daugherty, their lead singer, also does a lot of production work, including the City on a Hill series.

I suppose I should give DCB a fair try. I only know them from the stuff that's made it into our church's worship sets. Mostly rearranged hymns that I don't find to be an improvement over the originals. Thanks for the recommendation.
Blogger Mikesell, at 9:30 AM  

Get snarky