<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Pepsi, Pepsi, Everywhere

Phil's Pre-K class took a field trip to the Pepsi Bottling Plant today. I spent last week explaining to Phil that he was going to a factory and not some magical Pepsi tree. It's been awhile since I've posted pix of the boy, so I tagged along.

Here's what the trip looked like:Let me break in for a moment. When we arrived at the bottling plant, our guide, Lila, asked if anyone had any questions. Phil raised his hand: "When do we get free samples?" That's my boy.Unfortunately, the answer to Phil's question was: "We no longer give out free samples. Sorry." Extra bonus points to me for not leaving the tour right then and there.

All the kids had a great time, which they tell me is the point. (When I was a kid and my class took the tour of the bread factory, we all left with a free loaf of Wonder Bread; I think they even had baseball cards inside the wrapper. That was a great field trip.)

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

A couple of years ago I got a tour of the place on Fort Riley where they refurbish Abrams tanks. Cool! Lots of big machinery and interesting stuff. But we couldn't take pictures. :( And of course, no free samples, except for a pen and press kit.
Linda
Blogger lindaruth, at 10:02 AM  

Get snarky