<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, July 15, 2005

Apple & Sugar Water, At It Again

I drove in to Eugene this afternoon to run sound at a wedding rehearsal. About halfway in I began to feel a bit parched, but what to drink? The autoresponse to that question is always coffee, but with temperatures in the 90s I thought something cooler would be better. Soda? Meh, if it comes to that, but let's keep thinking. There's a Jack in the Box on the way to church, and they've got a new blueberry milkshake, but hot weather and dairy don't always agree with me. So, soda then....

And then inspiration hit: Slurpee.

So I stopped at a 7-11 and got 32 ounces of brainfreezing goodness. Then I noticed the announcement on the cup that every 32 oz. Slurpee comes with a free iTunes code. So, a buck-thirty-five scores a song and a simulated stroke sensation.

iTunes is also counting down to their 500,000,000th download with free iPods every 100K rollover, so each Slurpee also gives you a shot at that, too.

It was still in the high 80s after the rehearsal, so I picked up another. My two songs? Clarence "Frogman" Henry's "I Ain't Got a Home" and "Duel of the Fates" from Star Wars Episode One.

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

We're rather 7-11 deprived here, so I don't get many slurpees. I wish Sonic had an iTunes promotion, but they're more into NASCAR. :/
Linda
Blogger lindaruth, at 10:14 AM  

Get snarky