<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, July 15, 2005

Where Two or More Are Gathered

When I put Phil to bed tonight, he wanted his teddy bear to pray along with him.

It went something like this:
Phil: Dear Jesus,

Bear: (in falsetto voice) Dear Jesus,

P: Thank you for today.

B: Thank you for today.

P: Thank you for the sunshine.

B: Thank you for the sunshine.

P: Thank you for the waterfront.

B: Thank you for the waterfront.

P: Hey Bear, you weren't at the waterfront.

B: Well, I ... <general bickering ensued>
At which point I broke in and told him to knock it off, although I was impressed with the boy's wit (and since he wasn't smited, I think God smiled, too). The rest of the prayer went smoothly, although at one point Bear started praying first and Phil echoed.

I'll keep you posted if the boy starts in with "redrum, redrum" or the house begins filling up with giant invisible rabbit pellets.

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky