<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, July 18, 2005

Obligatory Harry Potter Post

First off, I don't own any Harry Potter books. Let's settle that straight off. No books. I do own all the movies, and I've read all the books (as of a week ago last Friday). Not gonna buy this book until it comes out in a loverly slipcased set with the rest of the series. But I will mooch it, so when you finish your copy please send it my way.

Do you remember the first time you read the books? I burned through the first three the summer before the first movie came out. I remember thinking, while reading about Harry meeting Ron and Hermione on the train out to Hogwarts and the snack wagon shows up: "Oh man, Jelly Belly has got to do a tie in with "Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans".

They did, and the world was introduced to grass, black pepper, and booger flavors. I don't remember if sardine came out with the first set (red pouch) or the second (blue pouch). Vomit flavor definitely came out with the second (the bean that tastes the same going down as coming back up).

On Sunday, I picked up a pouch (purple this time) of third-edition beans. According to the flavor card that comes along with it, I can now enjoy:and the two flavors that are tagged "latest":When I was in Gilroy, Calif., the last time I had garlic flavor at the Jelly Belly outlet store (I believe there were separate raw and roasted flavors, Gilroy loves its garlic); I'm surprised that flavor isn't in here as well (there are two ??? bean flavors, so maybe it is).

What flavors do you dread Bertie Bott's coming out with? What flavor beans couldn't you get enough of (personally, I enjoy the black pepper and grass flavors). Leave 'em in the comments.

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

i would love to taste "butterbeer" or "pumpkin pastie" - but i'd hate for them to come up with "snail/slug" (i'm thinking ron has had enough slugs to last him awhile that he wouldn't need bertie bott to introduce the flavor). not sure if i'm looking forward to eating either of the two new flavors. JM
Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:17 PM  
I'm looking forward to trying bacon (whenever I work up the courage to open the bag). Pastrami would rock.

I'd really hate roquefort, gorgonzola or any of the other stinky cheeses. I wonder what Wensleydale tastes like; maybe they can do a W&G tie-in. Boiled cabbage would also be nasty, although coleslaw would be okay.

--Chris
Blogger Mikesell, at 3:53 PM  

Get snarky