<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, July 17, 2005

A Movie In My Future?

Wedding movies are big box office business: Father of the Bride (& Redux), The Princess Bride, The Wedding Singer, The Wedding Planner, Runaway Bride. Wedding Crashers just opened this weekend.

So I figure it's time to work on my script for The Wedding Soundguy. See him fade out track 5 as the flower girl reaches the front of the aisle, then rapidly hit pause, skip track and play in time for the bride and her father to start down the aisle. Will he remember to bump the volume back up? Will he??? For the love of little chocolate donuts, WILL HE?!?!?! Yes, he did. Want more? Thrill to the excitement of The Wedding Soundguy adjusting the EQ on the CD track accompanying the lighting of the unity candle. Wow! Can you feel it? I can ... I lived it.

Just got back in from a wedding. The family was kind enough to invite the sound guy to the reception, so I was out a bit longer than I'd expected. I'd tell you more, but what happens on the 12th floor of the Eugene Hilton stays on the 12th floor of the Eugene Hilton ... at least until the custodial crew vacuums.

Well, Hollywood, what do you think? Should I get ready for my close-up?

Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

Chris , with the kind of movies they make this days, you better pack your bags, you could even get a star on the walk of fame, for your movie. ;-D
you do make me laugh
jan
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:24 AM  
Don't people play actual instruments at weddings now? Not to diminish your role or anything, but I guess I'm old fashioned enough to enjoy actual instrumentalists playing actual instruments. :)

Linda
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:18 AM  
This was my second wedding as soundguy. The first had several CD tracks, but also a guitar and violin duet. The recessional was to bagpipes (didn't take long for the sanctuary to clear out).

The wife's and my wedding was all-instrumental: pipe organ, string combo, vocalist & acoustic guitar. I liked it better than the canned music variety. Of course, I haven't liked any wedding as much as ours....

I suppose there's something to be said for knowing exactly what you're going to get. And you can have your favorite recording artist(s) play at your wedding for sixteen bucks (per band), or less if you buy specific tracks from iTunes. (note to self: don't tell the in-laws they could've gotten away with $100 for the soundguy and <$16 for the music....)

--Chris
Blogger Mikesell, at 1:03 PM  

Get snarky