<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, June 10, 2005

TXPTLMS #1: Yosemite

Top Ten Places That Leave Me Slackjawed
  1. Yosemite

I know, the list on the Letterman show goes in reverse order. But let’s be honest: I’m no Letterman. Plus, if you’re not with me on Yosemite, there’s no point reading the rest of the list . . . or my blog anymore, for that matter.

If you’ve spent more than 3 hours on the Valley floor and it hasn’t been fogged in, and you came away thinking “nice bunch o’ rocks 'n trees, but what’s the big deal?” I don’t think we can be friends anymore. In fact, I think you ought to give the folks at Pleasantville, Area 51, or the Dept. of Homeland Security a call because there’s something just not right about you.

Yosemite is a National Park in the Sierra-Nevada range of California. It’s most famous for its rock formations like Half Dome and El Capitan, its many waterfalls, and its world-class resort hotel, The Ahwahnee. Naturalists like John Muir and photographers like Ansel Adams have contributed to its popularity and its fame. Just being in Yosemite brings me a peacefulness I don’t find anywhere else.

Let’s face it, I’m not the world’s most rugged, outdoorsy guy. But if I had the chance to go back in time when you could live in Yosemite Valley, I’d gladly freeze to death in the harsh winters to have the opportunity of doing so.

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

I love Ansel Adams work!
Yosemite and Yellowstone are 2 of the places to see, on my wish list, I could easy take up a truck load of film there.
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:17 AM  
My first visit to Yosemite was actually a spiritual experience! I don't know how anyone could go there and NOT believe in a higher power!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:16 AM  

Get snarky