<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Overcoming First Impressions

I took Phil to see Robots today at the cheap theaters in Springfield. I had resisted for a long time because although I like the movie Ice Age (which was made by the same people) it took awhile for it to grow on me. Plus, Robots features Robin Williams, which is always a dicey proposition. But I was stuck with an afternoon to fill between church events, so we plunked down $3 and took a chance.

Wow!

While it lacked the character development of most Pixar flicks (and Ice Age), I think it was on par with Toy Story 2 (since characters had been developed in the first movie). For creative storytelling and visuals, though, it was right up there with the best of them.

If it's still in the cheap theaters near you, give it a shot. You'll be pleasantly amused (and possibly surprised).

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky