<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, June 10, 2005

Beginning Later Today: TXPTLMS

Yesterday evening Dina's folks took us out to HomeTown Buffet for dinner. It happened to be "Endless BBQ" night. Unknown to me at the time, it would also turn out to be "Endless Intestinal Gas" night.

So, what to do while waiting for for the Gas-X to kick in at 2am?

Compile a list of the Top Ten Places That Leave Me Slackjawed (TXPTLMS), of course.

Your mileage may vary on these. They're definitely Western-Expansion-centric (not that I haven't enjoyed my visits to the South, but I've only really done the whistle-stop tour: My jaw was never given adequate time to get properly slack). And admittedly, there are a lot of places I've never been to (and Texas only counts on the map because of an unscheduled layover at/near DFW). There are no places outside the US listed either, not because the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon weren't amazing or Butchart Gardens and Miniature World weren't astounding -- and I'm sure Europe's very nice, too -- but as an American it's my patriotic duty to affirm the slackjawedness of America (lest the State Dept. file a memo on me).

If you'd like, make a list of your own favorite places and let me know about it. If you've been to any of my Top Ten and have a story to share, leave a comment.

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

I made my map too. Why? I don't know. It was all red, wanna see? http://douweosinga.com/projects/visitedstates

Sometimes, when boredom overtakes you or when you're just putting off doing something that you really don't like doing, clicking states just seems really right. LOL
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 10:25 PM  

Get snarky