<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

How Was Your Easter?

Well, it turns out there were no complaints from me playing U2 before the church service the other week. How disappointing. I'll have to try harder next time.

The 2nd Chapter of Acts this week at least got noticed. I played half a dozen tracks from Roar of Love, then "The Easter Song" and then another half dozen old school Easter tracks by Keith Green, Larry Norman, Don Francisco, Mark Heard, and Children of the Day.

One fun moment came during the offertory when I wanted to see how loud the vocalist could go at the end of the final chorus of CeCe Winans' "Mercy Said No." She peaked at 92dB, which, as you can see from this chart, is between a train whistle at 500' (90dB) and a subway train at 200' (95db). Daleasha sounded much better than a train at any distance and I turned the main volume control down a bit for the remainder of the song.

After church I scored an invite to dinner with some friends. Ham with raisin dressing, real mashed taters, lemon meringue pie. Mmmmm. Good company, too. Thanks Dan & Laura!

Dina and Phil are still in So. Cal. (I didn't go because I have a thing about flying with sinus congestion). They're back Wednesday morning. One more day of living la vida sola. <sigh>

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky