<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, October 27, 2008

The Great Gum Gambit

There's a scene toward the end of The Great Escape where a pair of escaped Allied POWs get themselves captured when a Gestapo dude addresses them in English and they respond in kind. I've adopted this to busting the gum-chewers in my classroom (too often when you directly confront chewers they tuck the gum up in their cheeks and deny its existence).

Here's how to play:
  1. Observe student chewing gum.

  2. Request they spit out the green piece of gum they're chewing*.

  3. Wait for them to pull out their white/red/tan/blue piece of gum and insist it isn't green.

  4. Make them spit out their non-green colored piece of gum
*or whatever color you're reasonably sure the gum isn't.


So far I've busted two perps with this technique. Yeah, perps.

Book 'em, Danno.

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Wow, tricky! I'm going to have to remember that with my kids.
Blogger Unknown, at 3:39 PM  

Get snarky