<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

MacGyvering a Coathook

One of the things I noticed the other day is that there's no coathook in my classroom at school. (Until the weather dropped down into the high-in-the-60s category I hadn't needed a coat.) The first couple times I brought a jacket I draped it on the back of my chair, but that wouldn't work longterm.

So what's a guy to do? That's right: ask himself "What would MacGyver do?" (Jesus would curse a fig tree and it would wither into a nice hat/coat rack combo; unfortunately my classroom is a poor fig tree-growing habitat.)

After ascertaining I had no pushpins in my desk (they don't trust me with pointy objects, I guess), I grabbed a one-inch binder clip. Clipped it to my built-in bookshelf and left the clip handles extended.

Voila! Instant coathook.

(If I hadn't had a binder clip I would have needed some rope, a pulley (perhaps a block and tackle rig), and a heavy-duty paperclip.)

Labels:


Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

Wow. I'm impressed. I'm big on MacGyvering. Trying to think of an example of said MacGyvering but I'll have to get back to you on that.
Blogger Unknown, at 7:41 AM  
Wow for ingenuity
You've-got-to-be-kidding for lack of supplies. Important Rule of Teaching: Make friends with the Office Manager ASAP. Honest. If you don't, you'll start spending too much of your own money to come up with supplies. I speak from experience on this. Trust me, Chris!
Blogger Jenny, at 8:06 AM  
Thiss is a great post thanks
Anonymous Whitney Decker, at 8:31 AM  

Get snarky