<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, June 30, 2006

This Could Be Problematic

Should all go to plan, I'll be meeting an internet friend, Mark Bertrand, this Sunday as he settles in for a week at Linfield College (90 minutes north of here). I "met" Mark at Dave Long's faith*in*fiction message board a couple years back. He's a smart guy, great writer, smooth talker, and countless more adjective-noun combinations.

Anyhoo, I had some fun with Photoshop at his expense earlier this month. His response: "That is truly chilling." Now is that "chilling" as in "Mark's frosted at me"? Or as in "we be chillin'"? Or some third or fourth options known only to Texans and aesthetes (or--dare I consider it?--the combination of the two!)?

I've heard he's got a sense of humor, so maybe I'm safe(ish). But this post from Gizmodo (via digg) has me worried. I know he's got a Nano and Method #5 would appeal to someone with a sense of humor who doesn't want to damage their iPod (I imagine he'd tie a string to the Nano and yank it away as I fell to my doom). Then again, I've got the Method #7 song on my 30Gb iPod, so maybe our mutually assured destruction will result in a standoff.

Then we'll go for coffee.

(If I don't post on Monday, check for tiger traps dug in or around McMinnville, Oregon. Linfield is bottom, center of the map...)

Mikesell

4 Snarky Remarks:

Be afraid...be very afraid...
Blogger michael snyder, at 9:58 AM  
Better leave emergency phone numbers with trusted friends.
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 4:42 PM  
There will be payback. Don't leave your latte unattended.

:)

Have fun. I'm jealous.
Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 10:19 PM  
Well, folks, I'm sorry to report that my meeting with Chris ended in his tragic, unforeseen death. While he had armed himself with all sorts of clever countermeasures against Death by Nano, he had not taken into account the fact that my innocuous cell phone has an iTunes player. That little slip cost him dearly, as you can imagine.

No, seriously, he's safely back on the road after a delightful time spent in the coffee shops and streets of McMinnville, where we ended up discussing fiction while seated at what appeared to be a rustic, shingled bus stop. So long as he doesn't do anything nefarious with the photo he snapped of us, there will be no need to activate the device I instructed my red-shirted henchpersons to substitute for the cigarette lighter in his car.
Blogger J. Mark Bertrand, at 10:46 PM  

Get snarky