<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, June 02, 2006

A Macless Afternoon

Our church hosts the elementary classes of Lifegate Christian School in our basement and works with the upper grades for special music and other programs, including graduation. Today the high schoolers graduated, and I ran sound and a/v for them. Part of the program included a DVD presentation, which I was able to run from my PowerBook.

Of course, once everything was set up after the 11am rehearsal I didn't want to jinx anything by taking the computer away and changing settings and not being able to get them to go back. (I know, it's a Mac, but why give Murphy's Law a target?)

So I left everything connected, shut down the PowerBook, unplugged everything, and locked the computer in the church office. At 6:30 I reversed the process and everything came up fine and the graduation ceremony was a big success (not only from a sound and a/v perspective).

The six and a half hours I was away from my Mac seemed muuuuch longer. But I'm better now...

(Random grad tidbit: of the six seniors in Lifegate's class of '06, two of the girls had the middle name Elizabeth, Alan and Allan were the middle names of two of the boys -- the remaining boy and girl had the middle initial J. Freaky.)

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

Here's a freaky tidbit from my graduating class. Out of 163 seniors, we had five sets of twins (three of them were identical).
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:04 AM  
Glad you survived the macless afternoon.

About a month after I got my mac, I was traveling on business. I stopped off at a Chili's for lunch and it took a good five minutes of deliberation for me to decide wheter to leave the mac locked in the car or take it in with me. Eventually I took it in. Several hours later I realized that I left it there. Thankfully, the manager had tucked it away in his office. The freaky thing was that everything seemed in order. But when I opened my novel in progress, someone had typed a bunch of silly stuff on the title page. Still can't figure out how or why they singled that document out.

Pretty creepy feeling though...
Blogger michael snyder, at 8:29 AM  

Get snarky