<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Bowling Miracle

Okay, maybe miracle is a bit strong, but Phil and I did experience the hand of providence at a bowling alley this evening. We had arranged to go bowling with friends from church, but when Phil and I got there we discovered it was league night (not that it was posted anywhere; apparently frequent non-league bowlers just know when not to show up). I had told Phil we'd eat dinner at the snack bar; having gotten there early, we went ahead and did that. The shoe-rental guy said there was a place across town that didn't do Friday league, so I figured after our friends showed up we'd head over there (Eugene's not that big and traffic doesn't exist after 7p on Friday).

After we finished eating and played a couple games of Elvis pinball (I got a free game and Phil got Match Score, otherwise it'd've been one apiece), I noticed that there were a couple lanes that were dark. A different person was manning (or, in fact, womanning) the shoes, so I asked her if one of those lanes might be available for non-league bowlage. She said sure, so we didn't have to trek on over to the other bowling alley. (If you can guess the salty, Yiddish double-entendre I consciously avoided in the preceding sentence, score 50 points and move ahead two spaces.)

I really wasn't looking forward to hearing Phil complain about stupid league bowling on the trip over there. So yay! hand of providence. Thank you very much.

Phil didn't do as well as the last time we bowled (an 80 and a 67), but he still had fun. I scored a 131 and a 140 -- the two highest scores of our foursome -- closing half the frames and scoring a spare on a bonus throw, which made it fun for me, too.

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky