<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Bad Football, Good Ads

Okay, the Seahawks were robbed. No way should Roethlisberger's end-zone sneak have counted. If his shoulder's at the line and he moves the football from under his belly after he was down, how could any part of the football have entered the end zone to score. Bad call. And, I'm sorry, no way did Jackson pass interfere in the end zone. That's one less TD for Pittsburg, one more for Seattle. Final Score: 17-14 'Hawks.

At least the ads were good this year. Bud Lite had some good ones (loved the one with the bear). Monkeys and jackasses are always funny. Cavemen and FedEx. The "don't judge too quickly" ads were good, but not for an insurance company. I liked the "I'm going to Disney World" rehearsal ads. Diet Pepsi and Jackie Chan was great, though the "brown and bubbly" slogan sounds like the end result (pun intended) of mixing e. coli and a couple Burrito Supremes. (Yeah, it doesn't really work for me.)

And the Stones. Gotta love the Stones. Fred, Wilma, even the Rubbles next door. (But what was up with the national anthem? Or is that the way Aaron Neville sounds these days? Aretha sounded off, too, so maybe they had a newbie running the soundboard.)

Oh well. at least I picked good snacks: sliced salami, Tostitos 'n queso dip, Chex Mix, Diet "the taste of a new generation" Pepsi and Mug Root Beer (also diet), a multipack of zesty Pringles and Twisted Cheetos (the last two being Phil's picks). Phil and I noshed through the game and didn't officially have dinner (Dina's off to Chicago for the week and boys will be boys).

Hope you enjoyed the parts of the game/ads/snack table that suited you. Now I'm off to find the Tums...

Mikesell

4 Snarky Remarks:

Well, perhaps I'll disagree with you about the outcome of the game. I was rooting for the Steelers. :)
I was expecting the Stones to be disappointing, but they were good. I like a band that comes out and plays rock and roll and doesn't feel the need to have a lot of extras.
We were at a Super Bowl party with our small group so there was lots of soup, these really yummy wrap things, some veggies, fudge, rice krispie treats -- yeah, it was all good.
I liked a lot of the beer commercials and the "Don't judge too quickly ads." And the monkeys.
Linda
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:04 AM  
Don't worry about disagreeing with me. The salami disagreed with me at three in the morning, but I expect I'll enjoy its company for lunch.

I had forgotten about the Burger King "Broadway Show" ad, Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Lost" (which kinda sounded like he was addicted to "lust"), and the
"crime deterrent" phone ad. Each as funny (or funnier) than the beer ad with the bear.
Blogger Mikesell, at 9:47 AM  
Well, I don't know that much about football, but you can't simply add and subtract touchdowns based on "bad" calls - all sorts of other things would change too. What about field goals, for instance? And who says the Seahawks would have gotten the extra point? They didn't seem to be doing such a great job of kicking.

BTW, I live an hour from Pittsburgh.
Blogger Katie Hart - Pinterest Manager, at 10:59 PM  
Katie:

Clearly my point restructuring plan has flaws. I mean, if Seattle hadn't been the victim of such bonehead reffing would their momentum have been broken? Would Pittsburgh ever have made it past their own 30 yard line? So, yes, you're right: Seattle could have scored many more points, Pittsburgh likely none at all. Thanks for reminding me of that. :p
Blogger Mikesell, at 9:15 AM  

Get snarky