<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, November 14, 2005

Wrong. Oh So Wrong.

Yesterday I picked Dragonslayer out of the $5.50 bin at WalMart. If you had asked me last week who the male lead of the film was, I would have told you Dennis Quaid. I would've put money on it. Too bad you didn't make/take that bet.

Turns out the lead is Peter MacNicol: The Eel, The Biscuit, Everybody's Favorite Camp Counselor. If you had suggested that, I would've doubled the bet.

A good film. Some of the bluescreen effects are fake, but for a PG film it has some rather gooshy moments (I expect it would've gotten PG-13 had that rating been available in '81). As much as I like the film, though, it was a bit cooler when Dennis Quaid played the role of Galen (I suspect some of my Dreamscape memories got filed in with those of Dragonslayer; must see to my mental alphabetization skills).

(Hmmm ... the Chicago Hope page at imdb.com informs me that I did not hate Kathy Bates (pic) as Camille Shutt; that role was played by Roxanne Hart (pic). Have I been doing drugs and why haven't I been enjoying it more?)

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

I watched the show "Numbers" Friday night and my son Joel recognized Peter MacNicol as the bad guy from Ghostbusters II. So I told him he was first in Dragonslayer but he didn't remember ever watching that. I think we need to rent it and update our children's movie education. :)

And I remember it had some icky moments that I hid my eyes from when I saw it all those years ago in the theater.

I think Dennis Quaid was in Dragonheart (the one where Sean Connery was the dragon's voice). My head is much too full of useless trivia, I know. :)
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:13 AM  

Get snarky