<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Small World

When Phil finished the pre-K classes last week, he got a coupon for a free mini-pizza at a local restaurant.

We had to run a couple errands today, so Phil and I stopped for pizza and used the coupon. The place has a big play area, so Phil went and played while I worked on my "untitled conversion short story" and ate a side salad (I was going to get the buffet, but the guy in the line ahead of me served as a visual aid for what the pizza buffet can do to you).

When the pizza came, Phil and I shared it. Halfway through his couple slices, Phil announced, "That sounds like Tristan!" (a friend he made at pre-K, not Midwestern reader Brenda's son who ought to be in Chicago). Sure enough, it was.

It's amazing that as loud as it was near the play area, Phil could pick out his friend's voice, but if I stand next to him and ask him to pick up his toys he says, "huh?"

<sheesh>

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Their hearing (with regard to actually doing anything you ask them to) does not improve with age. But they can hear a candy wrapper that you open at 11 p.m., many rooms away. ;)

My son Tim is actually deaf in one ear, but he as excellent (I mean really excellent) hearing in the other. But he knows how to use it to his advantage. For instance, he sleeps on his good ear, so waking him up is a challenge.

But apparently the boys were able to hear Megan well enough yesterday -- she got them to help her clean house (she also bribed them with Dr. Pepper).

Linda
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:58 AM  

Get snarky