<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Squeaky Wheels

Well, right after posting the Basket Case entry below I got an e-mail from Amazon alerting me that my missing review was missing no more. Yay! My review of Bentley Little's book, The House.

Why you should read my review of The House: First, reading the review will hopefully dissuade you from reading the book. It's a) not that well written/structured and b) got subject material that's disgusting. Usually I'll take the books I'm done with and put them up in the lounge/meeting room at the lodge here, for guests to enjoy while they're here or to take home with them (they're almost all $1 thrift store books to begin with, and then there's the tax write-off to consider). This one's going in the trash. It's just an all-around bad book.

Second, I comment on my upbringing (if not parentage*). Ooooh, are skeletons let out of the closet? Read the review to find out.

*(My drivers ed. teacher in high school, Mr. Nishaguchi, freqently commented that poor behavior (like cheating on a test) reflected poorly on our parentage and upbringing. That comment, and the IPDE thought process are the only things that have stuck with me for the past 20 years. Even Red Asphalt is a dim memory - or perhaps I've completely repressed it.)


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky