<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Answer to Yesterday's Riddle

Q. Would You Want This Guy on Your Jury?

A. Apparently not.


I spent from 8:30a to 3:00p in the Lane County Circuit Court Juror Waiting Room. My group (the "Captain Crunch"es - we all had cereal names; fortunately I wasn't a "Fruit Loop") did get called up to Room 306 (Judge Foote's courtroom), but 12 of the 28 potential jurors (we went with the "Wheaties" and 4 of the aforementioned Loops) were lmpanelled before my number (#200) was drawn. Then it was lunch (from briefly after noon until 1:00p), after which we sat around in the room again until the only case that hadn't yet begun determined they would need jurors today.

Fortunately, I brought books and finished Zen in the Art of Writing (look for review soon) and got a couple hundred pages of 2nd Chance out of the way.

Lunch was a couple Coney Dogs from A&W.

Of the roughly 300 potential jurors drawn from all over Lane County, there was actually someone there I know: Gene Hall, from church. What're the odds? (If you actually calculate the odds you're a big dork.) Gene was a "Cheerio" and it looked like he wasn't impanelled either.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky