<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, July 16, 2004

50th Book Review (+ DVD Review #28)

For the second Friday night in a row we've got book and DVD reviews here on the blog. The book review this time around is for Martha Grimes' The Man with a Load of Mischief. The DVD review is for Sleepwalkers, a movie based on Stephen King's first original screenplay.

Why you should read my review of The Man with a Load of Mischief: First of all, it's my 50th book review. It takes a lot of commitment and time on one's hands to accomplish that sort of thing. Second of all, I resisted punning on the main character's name (Richard Jury). I considered titling my review along the lines of "The Jury Is In ...." but didn't - that kind of restraint deserves to be rewarded.

Why you should read my review of Sleepwalkers: If you weren't persuaded by my pun-avoidance in the previous paragraph (how alliterative!), perhaps it will impress you that I didn't use a pun-based title referring to "cattiness" or "corn" on this movie (you'll understand if you've seen the movie). That said, I did rip on the movie somewhat (certainly no more than it deserves). If you've missed my general snarkiness in the reviews of late, you've got it here. Be forewarned, I verb a noun at the end of the review, but please don't tell my AP English teacher from high school - it'd break her heart.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky