<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, June 05, 2004

Book Review For You

Back in my university days, I took a general ed. course on "intro to literary criticism." The instructor I had basically treated the class as a survey of possible approaches one could take to a text (feminist, deconstructionist, Freudian, phenomenology, etc.). I described the class to one of my upper level lit. crit. profs a few years later and his reaction was essentially: "What a waste of time that must have been." Of course, he was right (even if he hadn't been teaching an upper level course he'd've been right). Suffice it to say that the section on Freudian interpretation came flooding back to me while working on my review of John le Carre's Single & Single

Why you should read my review of Single & Single: I excised most of the Freudian analysis, but I did leave in one funny bit at the end. I'm also quite proud of the opening sentence. Enjoy.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky