<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, August 22, 2005

Woo-fricken-Hoo

I just got a letter in the mail from the fine folks at The Door Magazine saying that my short humor piece, "God's Creation Blog," has been accepted for publication. It ought to be running in the magazine, their bi-weekly newsletter, their website, or some combination of those three in the next 4-5 months (two issues' publication time).

This is the first thing I've submitted for publication that's been accepted.

So yay me! (and thank you God for creating Creation so I could blog on it for You; we should team up more often)

When I hear more about publication dates, I'll let ya know.

<snoopy dance of joy>

Mikesell

7 Snarky Remarks:

Congrats! Getting your first published piece is always a milestone.
Blogger Thomas "Duffbert" Duff, at 6:00 PM  
way to go Chris
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM  
Woohoo, my neighborhood (kind of) made it all the way up to last place on your slack jaw list! (Bainbridge Island) I’ve never parked on top of the Key arena, but I did spend the day there once with the son of Evel, Robby Keneival. There were four of us that carpooled from Port Orchard. Robby insisted on driving. Talk about a wild ride.

Hey, I see you are near Eugene. I’ve been there many times. Isn’t the turn off to the ocean near there? Every year I used to overload a greyhound type bus with kids and spend a week at the ocean. Waldport (spelling?) Assembly of God let us sleep on their floors. Every night we built a bonfire, laid on our backs and howled at the moon. You have the best beaches on planet earth, even if half of them are named after the devil. (devil’s punchbowl, etc) Good times.

Take care my brother!

David
Blogger David Meigs, at 8:55 PM  
That is great news about your story,
Chris! Congrats.
Blogger Valerie Comer, at 10:21 PM  
Like I said on the other site...huge and heartfelt con-fricken-grats!

mike
Blogger michael snyder, at 10:33 PM  
Yay!!!!!! You may cry a few well-deserved tears of joy without diminishing your manliness. (or not, but I almost cried when my story got published, so I figured if you needed any encouragement ...)
I look forward to reading God's Creation Blog.
Linda
Blogger lindaruth, at 7:48 AM  
Hey! That's uber cool. Good for you, Chris!
Blogger Brenda Coulter, at 12:19 AM  

Get snarky