<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Double Dog Dared

Over on her blog "No Rules. Just Right.", Brenda Coulter challenged non-Romance readers to give one a try. In exchange, she'd read books of our choosing. I picked Jude Deveraux's The Enchanted Land as my poison. I dared her to read Stephen King's Misery.

Due to an unfortunate incident involving Philip, a squirt gun, and my copy of Steve Martin's Shopgirl, I found myself confronting these words this evening:
When they were apart it was a wilderness.
When they were together it was...
     The Enchanted Land
The story of a woman who could not be conquered,
A love that was never forsaken,
And a land that will not be forgotten.

(inside cover synopsis for The Enchanted Land)
Somebody fan me, I've got the vapors.

<sheesh>

Mikesell

8 Snarky Remarks:

(Found your blog through ChristianFiction's blog!)


Hey! Have you read Steve Martin's "The Pleasure of My Company" -- it is hilarious!! You will totally crack up.

Nancy
Blogger Nancy French, at 8:51 PM  
No, but I've read Pure Drivel and Cruel Shoes. I'll keep an eye out for TPoMC. Thanks.

--Chris
Blogger Mikesell, at 8:56 PM  
I'll send the fan. The little oriental looking paper fan. I feel your misery. ;)
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 10:01 PM  
Oh, suck it up, Chris. Be a man and go read your romance novel.
Blogger Brenda Coulter, at 9:50 AM  
Chris I thought you were going to read Brenda's book ?
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 PM  
anon, at some point I'll read Brenda's book, but I didn't want to base my opinion of the genre strictly on her novel. This way I also have a reference point for her work and can judge *how vastly superior* it is compared to something else.

Plus we're supposed to write an eval of the book we read and I don't want to damn hers with faint praise if it's not to my (sick and twisted) tastes.

--Chris
Blogger Mikesell, at 12:39 AM  
Cop OUT that's what it is!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:35 AM  
Sign your name, friend, and then we can discuss it. Thanks.

--Chris
Blogger Mikesell, at 9:14 AM  

Get snarky