<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, May 19, 2005

What the Internet Is Good For

Do you remember a few years back there was a whole "personalized book" craze? For a whole bunch of money you could have your child's name printed in storybooks so the little nipper would think: "Hey! I had an adventure with Winnie-the-Pooh. Good thing Christopher Robin had this commorative book published and handsomely bound, as I have no recollection of these events."

As far as I know you, as a grown person, could have your own name printed in the book, but why you'd want to do that (hoax your kid? win a bar bet?) is beyond me.

(Disclaimer: Philip has a VeggieTales singalong CD where Larry, Bob and the whole gang use his name in their snappy patter and in the songs. Phil does enjoy it, and the voice acting is good. It's not like a robotic voice fills in his name the way a form letter will have your name printed in a different style font and/or typeweight.)

Well, now you can have the same thing happen on the internet but with fake (and unflattering*) search engine results. My friend, Brenda Coulter, sent this to me this afternoon. Of course, I retaliated in kind.

Now it's your turn. Go spoof a friend.

*Unfortuantely, the real MSN search results aren't much better. "BEARD CONTEST 2K3 : CHRIS MIKESELL : Hall of Shame" is their second link (fortunately it's for a different Chris Mikesell; my beard is not shameful).

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

kids will play, you 2 r really a good influence on us ;-D
j
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  
I don't know what I was thinking, tweaking you like that. Now I'm nibbling my nails and wondering what your devious little mind might come up with by way of payback.
Blogger Brenda Coulter, at 10:08 PM  

Get snarky