<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Visiting Family & Friends

Yesterday Phil and I made it up to Salem for a couple band concerts. My sister Sarah was down from Seattle with her church band (Salvation Army, Seattle Temple), playing a concert at Waterfront Park at 2pm and then at the Salem church at 6pm.

Due to a big train debut as a new park feature we had to park three or four blocks away. Consequently, we didn't reach the band site until 2:10p. Fortunately the band was on Salvation Army-time and we were five minutes early. I told Phil I'd pay him a dollar to go dance up on band platform or shout "Freebird" while the band shuffled their music, but he resisted my bad influence. (I got to keep $2, so it wasn't a complete loss for me.)

We got to spend about 90 minutes with Sarah in between the two concerts, and then visited some more after the evening show. We also got to visit a while with Rob Birks (my best man, almost 17 years ago), Jenny Hood (who used to be a little midget) and George & Olive Wild (who knew me when I was a little midget).

Both concerts were good. I kept the brass band vibe going today by playing a CD recorded by the Flint (Mich.) Citadel Band through the sound system at church today before the service began. The CD was burned from an LP-recording (Love's Manuscript) I digitized. It sounded pretty good (the pops and crackles weren't that noticeable). Still, when I take over my regular shift next month (I was covering for someone today), I think I'll go with a compilation of God-oriented Superchic[k] tracks lest I lose my reputation as the "edgy" soundguy.

Tomorrow: Phil's Musical Moment

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky