<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, February 14, 2005

(Closer to) A Room of My Own

When you start out with a ranking at Amazon, say #234,000, you're not really in 234,000th place. You're in 234,000th place with several hundred other people, you're in a cluster. As I've accrued more "ranking points" my clusters have become smaller and smaller. Right now my rank is 2,142; 23 other Amazon reviewers share this rank.

The next step up is 2,122, a cluster of 20. Clusters seem to be in the 5-20 range from here on up to the 500s. I've got a ways to go yet, but the gradual reduction in space will help me avoid claustrophobia when I (finally!) get a rank all to myself.

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

Even at 315, you still have to share the space with others. :-)

Duffbert
http://www.twduff.com
Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM  
D'oh!
Blogger Mikesell, at 10:22 PM  

Get snarky