<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Ten-Hut!

I went away to a men's church retreat this weekend to Camp Rilea near Astoria, Ore. Camp Rilea is a military training center, which doesn't have a good website anywhere that I can find. I envisioned sleeping on a canvas cot in a quonset hut with musty swamp cooler over in the corner. Instead it was a very nice facility with comfortable bunks in the dorms, a nice, large meeting room with video projector and screen, a large dining area and rather spacious kitchen. The bathroom doors had "latrine" stenciled on them, but they were a standard bathroom with extremely hot water in the showers.

Almost made me want to sign up.

Since there's not a good website for Camp Rilea online, here are some photos:


Our retreat was held in conjunction with the Newberg Free Methodist Church's mens group, a great bunch of guys.

We golfed Saturday afternoon at Highlands Golf Course in Gearhart. Well, they other guys played golf. I had a nice stroll around the course, swinging my clubs and 2-3 times connecting with the ball in a not totally embarrasing fashion. I broke even on balls. I played the same ball for the first seven holes, at which point it fled deep into the rough. Fortunately, I had found another ball while looking for that first ball in a different patch of brush a few holes earlier. Needless to say, there were no water hazards on the course or I'd have gone through a lot more balls.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky