<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Three Days Later, Another Book Review

Well, it's been three days since the last book review, so it's past time for another.

If I had stayed home from Men's Night at the church yesterday, I could have done this then. On the other hand, I would have missed out on a hilarious game of whiffleball. Back to the first hand, if I had stayed home my hamstrings wouldn't be killing me.

Name Withheld is the thirteenth book in J.A. Jance's "J.P. Beaumont" series. With such an unlucky number, it should come as little surprise that the book has some significant flaws. Nevertheless, it was still an enjoyable read. Now I'm on to a set of short stories by horrormeister Peter Straub. I've read one of the stories in the collection and sincerely hope that not all of them are as gooshy.

Why you should read my review of Name Withheld: I'm particularly proud of the final sentence of the first paragraph. The rest of the sentences are good too, but that one's the best.

Another reason is that you could be my 400th "helpful vote" (I'm currently at 395). There's no prize package associated with the milestone, but feel free to print yourself out a certificate commending you for your accomplishment.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky