<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Phil Moon

With the moon appearing 12% larger than normal tonight, Phil and I headed out to a clearing with our telescope. Not quite enough light to shoot pictures without a flash (though you could probably have read a large-print magazine), but the post-bedtime adventure looked like this:
We've got weird spooky fog out here. Drapes the highway like the diaphanous angels at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I hate it. Fortunately I didn't see it while we were out in the field. Would've creeped me out.

Of course, seeing it appear mysteriously in just the one picture creeps me out more.

Good time looking through the telescope, though. Can't see it from the pictures, but the moon was honkin' big. And bright. And round. So, so round.

Labels:


Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

I zonked out at 6pm and missed the moon. Drat.

Phil is adorable. I'm so loving that smile and that hair. Cutie!

Me like telescopes.

Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 2:57 AM  
Thanks, Mir.

It won't be quite as full and possibly not as close tonight, but it's worth staying up at least until 9pm for.
Blogger Mikesell, at 3:21 PM  
the full moon was nice and bright at 6:30 this morning...very cool! JM :o)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:43 PM  

Get snarky