<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, September 26, 2005

Disappointing Day at Borders

I went to Borders this afternoon to use my 20%-off-a-hardcover-book coupon, but couldn't find anything in the $12-15 ballpark to use it on. They didn't have Landon Snow and the Auctor's Riddle yet. They didn't have Graeme Base's The Water Hole in hardback. Story: Substance, Structure, Style and The Principles of Screenwriting was list price at $35. The new book by Umberto Eco, The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana, was tempting, but still over $20 after the coupon discount.

Phil and I wound up over at Barnes & Noble where he played with the Thomas the Tank Engine playset while I leafed through William Safire's How Not to Write: The Essential Misrules of Grammar; well, not his copy--I'm sure his is stored on a shelf somewhere other than the B&N in Eugene. Nonetheless, it was an enjoyable 30 pages or so I made it through before Phil's playtime was up. I think I'll get it at Borders the next time a general-use coupon comes out.

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky