<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Killing Characters

Well I finally killed my first character in the novel. It was part of a backstory element not set in Graphite, so she's not coming back in the big zombie finale of doom. Even though this is the first and only time we meet Graham's mom, it was sad to see her go (she's the motivation for my main character's animosity toward the revival preacher) - I got a little misty as I wrote it.

Her death gets a bit messy, so that's not the excerpt over on the NaNo page (plus my mom freaks out when I kill mothers in my stories). Instead, it's a segment I wrote in the first two-hour writing session I did last night.

I wound up with almost 4,500 words for the day (no dithering). As yesterday (Day 15) was the midpoint of the monthlong project, I'm on pace to write over 70,000 words before the leftover turkey goes bad.

For what it's worth (FWIW for acronymists), I'm listed with a bunch of other NaNoers over here.

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky