<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, November 15, 2004

Actual Research

Shortly after I began writing last night (Day 14), I realized that my two preachers were going to start quoting scripture at each other (because that's such a productive way to get your point across).

I had something in mind that sounded "scripture-y," but I had no citation to go with it (when in doubt, bluff with Hezekiah 3:16). Usually I'd just type in BIBLE VERSE GOES HERE to hold the place and keep moving on, but since I wanted Gantt to quote (paraphrase, actually) Pastor Jim Bromfeld's snarky citation back to him, I really needed to have the gist of what Gantt was going to say right.

So I took a field trip online and found a few verses that were in line with what I was thinking. I never found the actual verse I had in mind, which makes me think I made it up (I'm soooo creative, y'know).

The top three verses made it into the story - and today's NaNo exerpt.

If nothing else it'll get readers to go find a Bible and look up the passages - maybe the Spirit'll move them to read other stuff there, too. It's all good.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky