<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, February 16, 2004

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety-Jig

I got back from Seattle last night, after a fairly good trip. Sarah didn't seem to be as stressed and we narrowed down the cars she's looking at. We decided against the Toyota Echo mainly because the front passenger compartment was about 20% smaller than standard — it was very cramped over there. So it's down to one of three Honda Civic models depending on how far in debt she wants to go.

I finished my review of The Hitcher 2 on the train last night. Upcoming reviews include the book Murder Must Advertise and the movies House and The Hitcher (#1). I also saw Bend It Like Beckham and My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but I won't likely review them formally. They were/are good movies and you should rent/buy them if you haven't seen them already. Opa!

The train rides themselves were also nice. I had a Talgo train on the northbound trip; European-esque coaches, very comfortable with standard headphone jacks in the armrests and AC power for laptops and other electronic devices. The in-train movie was School of Rock, which I may rent and review as the PA system would cut in occasionally. When I initially jacked-in during the opening credits Jack Black was rocking out with his band while the soundtrack was playing nice lounge music. I thought: cool juxtaposition of styles; then I realized I was on the wrong audio channel. Oops. The return trip was on the Coast-Starlight Superliner (the double-decker aluminum train cars you may have seen). Very generous footroom, but no headphone jacks or in-train movie. Still, it was comfortable, and I brought my CD player and a book, so I wasn't bored.

This Wednesday (until March 2) we're taking a family trip down to California by rental car. More details later.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky