<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, February 08, 2004

Playing Catch Up

Well, the Buffy review is still in Limbo (kinda like the Buffster at the end of Season Five). Hopefully it'll be up soon so you all can vote on it. I know you're anxious to.

Today was the big auction at church to fund-raise for the Mexico Missions trip. I picked up a $50 Polartec Fleece Vest for $35 and a $25 Harry Ritchie Jewelers gift cert for $20. Not too shabby.

I spent late yesterday morning through early afternoon at a sound guy in-service day. I learned a few things I did not know (subgroups, monitor settings, how to turn on the sound in the "cry room," etc.) We took a field trip under the sanctuary to see how things are wired. Turns out there's some big metal ductwork running right under the pulpit ... I wonder what it would sound like were it to be banged on in the middle of a sermon.

Last night was the "Lifemates' Date Night" at church; nice dessert and game time, then the guest speakers spoke about communication skills. Apparently husbands need to do more than grunt and say "beer me." Who knew?!

Last summer McDonald's had a SpyKids 3-D Happy Meal promotional. A few days ago Phil found a pair of the red-green glasses. He stood up on a chair, put the glasses on, and practiced being a stoplight. Some kids want to be firemen or astronauts; mine wants to be a traffic signal (better than a yellow "Yield" blinker I guess, but still ... ).

Next month the women's group at church is having an Irish Potato Bar night. Talk about your Irish stereotypes: pototoes and bars. Aye n' begorrah! You'd think we'd be more sensitive.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky